Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bunny Tutorial

I have rec'd a few request for a tutorial on how to make this bunny. 
 





 

So, I have put together a picture tutorial in hopes that it will help some of you. If you have any other question, please feel free to leave a comment and I will try to answer your question(s).  


These are the supplies I used.  Ovals Collection Frames #129381
Perfect Polka Dots Folder # 117335
Decorative Label Punch #120907
Cardstock - Pool Party, Pretty in Pink  and Whisper White
Inks - Pretty in Pink (for sponging and cheeks) and Regal Rose (words)
Small Heart #117193 for nose Ribbon for bow. Black marker for eyes and whiskers.  White gel pen for eye balls.          



 

I used a 4x4 coaster and a piece of 4x4 Pool Party Cardstock.





After I glued the cardstock on, I trimmed the edges.



 
 

I used the Oval Collection Framelits. The 3 smallest ones.



 

 
 


I ran the pink ovals through the Perfect Polka Dots Folder and then sponged in Prettty in Pink around the the edges.



Then glued the bunny face to the coaster making sure that part of the head and ears were just hanging off the coaster.  I like that look, but some of you might not and she does fit directly on the coaster if you want to change it up.



This is what the back looks like before I cut off the pieces that hang over the edge.



Here is the back with one side cut off.



Here is the front with the pieces that I cut off and what she looks like before I start putting one her face.


 
 
 
 










Use the label punch and cut it in half.  Then trim the little points so that they do not stick out when you place the words on top.



Stamp a sentiment on whisper white cardstock and punch with the decorative label punch.  Sponge the edges.












Glue the pretty in pink cut pieces of decorative label on the sides behind the whisper white sentiment.





Start putting your face on!  Punch a heart from the small heart punch and sponge it.  Cut a dimensional in half and place behind the heart.  Place the heart upside down for the nose.  Sponge the cheeks.  Then I just used the black marker for the eyes and white gel pen for the eye balls.



Voila, a bunny peeking out from the side!  I think she is so cute.  She really is easy to make.  Now to make a boy bunny, a chocolate bunny and then of course some other spring time animals peeking out the side....like a duck, chick, etc.  The possibilities are endless! 

If you make any, please share on here!  Enjoy! 

My first real picturorial (is that a word?) and I really apologize for the different colors of fonts and all. It was not cooperating, but I figured getting up was more important than having all that perfect. I tried, but would not not underscore or change the color on some. Not sure why? I am not good at this, but am trying. I also know I put alot of steps for this simple project, but you never know if there are beginners or experienced crafters looking. So, better to have too many steps than not enough. 

Ok, give me your feedback.  Do you like it?  Too long?  How I can make it better?  Tell me so I know what to do next or if even to make another tutorial???

10 comments:

Liz said...

I love it! Great tutorial!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Thanks Liz!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

It was perfect and I can't wait to make my own bunny! Thanks so much!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Thanks Cindee, would love to see yours when you make it.

Gail S. said...

Super cute and you explained it perfect!

Carol Carriveau said...

Absolutely adorable...will for sure make a few of these for great niece/nephew! TFS your tutorial!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Gail, thanks. Makes me feel good that it's easy to understand. Will have to try and make more tutorials. It's a bit of a challenge for me, but I'll keep trying.

Jason Loucks said...

This is absolutely the cutest thing I have seen.

Deborah Smart said...

Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial - I can't wait to make my own! Your step-by-step instructions are so helpful :)

Anonymous said...

Love the project I copied and saved it as a pdf in my computer for making for our 18 grandkids next weekend! thanks for sharing your talent. I am also going to make it into a 4x4 coaster box and give to my kids in Sunday School!